Welcome to the Narcotics Anonymous Bergen Area website
This site is hosted by the Narcotics Anonymous Bergen County Area Committee in New Jersey. Here you can learn information about the time and date of local meetings. You can also find news about special activities, such as fun group outings (don’t be scared of haunted hayrides at Halloween), NA conventions, or workshops.
Bergen Area has a monthly meeting (details below) and we’d love for you to join us. In general, Bergen Area service committees coordinate efforts to carry the NA message on behalf of the groups they serve.
Hosting panel presentations based on personal experience for addicts in treatment centers and jails, or providing the community with public information services, are just two of the ways committees reach out to help the addict who still suffers, their friends and loved ones, or healthcare providers. Your group service representative (GSR) can tell you more about how you and your group can join in the work of your area service committee. We look forward to meeting you!
Announcements & Upcoming Events
If you have a Bergen County, NJ, NA-related announcement you want listed here, please e-mail the website committee — firstname.lastname@example.org — for approval. (examples: upcoming event, group celebration, subcommittee meeting, etc.)
- NA Bergen County Area Meeting (February 2018) When: Tuesday, February 19, 2018, starting at 7:30 p.m. Where: Westwood United Church 105 Fairview Ave. Westwood, NJ (basement) If you would like to learn about the inner workings of your NA community — and participate — please attend. At this time, we plan to elect three new chairpeople for subcommittees: Activities, Literature Review, and Assistant Secretary
- C.A.R. Workshop — Hosted by Fellowship Development Subcommittee When: Saturday, February 17, 2018, 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Where: Wayne Presbyterian Church, 1200 Alps Road, Wayne, NJ C.A.R. (Conference Agenda Report) Workshop hosted in New Jersey by Bergen County, Passiac County, Silk City, Suburban Essex, and Northwest Areas. Food will be served.
- Greater New York Regional NA Convention — Fun-Raiser! When: Saturday, January 27, 2018; Meeting: 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Karaoke/Talent (Gong) Show: 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Where: First Presbyterian Church of Goshen, 33 Park Place, Goshen, NY Price: $7 — Hosted by Fundraising Committee, Impossible Dream Convention. Everyone’s got talent and what could be more fun than to share it in recovery? There will be dancing, stand-up comedy, musical performances, singing, poetry recitations, and improvisation.
- Fellowship Development: There will be a budget process workshop on March 3, 2018. More information to come.
- Convention committee is looking for addicts to get involved. There is no clean time requirement. The committee meets every 4th Sunday of the month at 4:00pm at: 457 Division Ave, Carlstadt, NJ Feel free to print out a flyer and distribute at meetings.
- H&I Subcommittee needs support from women with 6 months or more clean time to assist in jail commitments. In order to get cleared for the jail, you must be out of the Bergen County Jail System for at least 5 years. If you are interested, please attend the H&I Subcommittee meeting every other Friday at the Ridgewood Reform Church, 271 Lincoln Ave. in Ridgewood, NJ. Download the clearance form here.
Meetings in need of support:
- HOW group of NA – Tuesday 8:00pm, 344 Washington Ave., Dumont (1 hour)
- Out of the Darkness into the Light – Tuesday 7:00pm, 44 Armory Street., Englewood
- Together We Got It – Tuesday 7:30pm, Mount Olive Baptist, 260 Central Ave, Hackensack
- Good Bad & the Free – Thursday – 7:00pm First Presbyterian Church 64 Passaic Street, Hackensack
- Women’s Touch (Women’s meeting) – Monday – 7:30pm Franklin and Terrace Ave., Hasbrouck Heights
- Freedom Group – Thursday 12:00pm – Franklin and Terrace Ave., Hasbrouck Heights
- Keep It Simple – Tuesday 7:00pm Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church 295 Hudson Place & Hamilton Ave. (basement), Fairview IP, Open
NOTE: The Englewood, NJ, Friday evening meeting, Alive & Kicking, is closed as of January 22, 2018. Thank you to its members for their past fellowship and service.
There’s an app for that! – Narcotics Anonymous World Service created a Meeting Finder app for both Apple and Google Devices. Download from these links: This website was created by the Bergen Area Service Committee of Narcotics Anonymous to share news with the local area community, and to spread the message of recovery to the still-suffering addict.