Welcome to the Bergen Area website
Announcements & Upcoming Events:
If you have a Bergen County NA related announcement to want listed here (upcoming event, group celebration, subcommittee meetings, etc), please email the website committee for approval:
- The September BASCNA meeting will be Tuesday October 18, 2016 – 7:30PM at Westwood United Church 105 Fairview Ave. Westwood, NJ
- We are starting a BLOG on this website. We welcome all addicts to submit original articles about anything NA or recovery related (steps, traditions, sponsor experiences, etc). We will accept writings, drawings, poems or any other media. Please keep all submissions “family friendly”, anonymous and within the guidelines of our traditions. We will not edit any entries, but we may refuse to post it based on content.
Please send your entry to the “BLOG” email address via the form on the contact page.
- Need more information about the New Year’s Eve Convention? Check out the New Year, New Life page.
- Bergen Area Activities Presents: Headless Horseman Haunted Hayride
Saturday October 15, 2016
Meeting at 6:45pm in Bergen Regional parking lot to carpool or at Hayride at 8:15pm
778 Broadway, Route 9W Ulster Park, NY
Price: $40 with a $4 service fee ($44)
Purchased tickets at http://www.headlesshorseman.com for the Saturday 10/15 – 8:30pm time slot.
See flyer for more information: Download flyer
- Bergen Area Convention Committee Presents Halloween Dance Party
Saturday October 22, 2016 7pm-11pm
260 Central Ave Hackensack, NJ
download flyer for more info
- Bergen Area Convention Committee Presents Comedy Show
Saturday Nov. 19, 2016 – food at 7:30pm , show at 9:00pm
105 Fairview Ave. Westwood, NJ
download flyer for more info
- The convention committee is looking for addicts to get involved. There is no clean time required.
They meet every 4th Sunday of the month at 4:00pm at:
457 Division Ave, Carlstadt, NJ
Feel free to print out a flyer and distribute at meetings.
- H&I Subcommittee needs support from women with 6 months or more clean time to assist in jail commitments.
In order to get cleared for the jail, you must be out of the Bergen County Jail System for at least 5 years.
If you are interested, please attend the H&I Subcommittee meeting every other Friday starting January 9, 2015 at the Ridgewood Reform Church, 271 Lincoln Ave. in Ridgewood, NJ. Download the clearance form here.
Meetings in need of support:
- Out of the Darkness into the Light – Tuesday 7:00pm, 44 Armory Street. Englewood
- Together We Got It – Tuesday 7:30, Mount Olive Baptist, 260 Central Ave Hackensack
- Alive & Kicking – Friday 8:30 PM First Baptist Church, 361 Englewood Ave. Englewood
- Good Bad & the Free – Hackensack – 7:00 PM First Presbyterian Church 64 Passaic Street
Area Service Report:
- There are upcoming events put on by Bergen Area. Please see the Events page.
- Area Service has a few open commitments. They are:
•Assistant Literature Chairperson – 1 year clean time required
•RCM (Region Committee Member) – 3 years clean time required
•Activities Chairperson – 2 years clean time required
•Policy Chairperson – 2 years clean time required
More information about the qualifications and requirements for all Area Service positions can be found in the Policy on the Area Service page.
There’s an app for that! – Narcotics Anonymous World Service created a Meeting Finder app for both Apple and Google Devices. Download from these links:
This website was created by the Bergen Area Service Committee of Narcotics Anonymous to spread the message of recovery to the still suffering addict.